Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And I'm Out

Ari says:
This is it folks. My penultimate night in Nash-Vegas. Tomorrow will be my last day of visiting with friends, packing and getting ready for the big move. The movers (yes, we hired someone) are coming early Thursday morning and by that evening, I will be with Bart in The Big Easy. I've been in Nashville for over 5 years now, making this one of the longest stints I've ever lived in one place. I'm really excited about the move and very ready to be with Bart. He, of course, is already down there, having had to check in for his orders yesterday. He is paving the way and will actually get into our house tomorrow at some point. I'm sure he'll just be wiling away the time until Sherlock and I get down there. Right. Anyway, as I said, I've lived here for quite a while, but I'm having trouble coming up with legitimate reasons that I'm going to miss this place. So, in case you were wondering, here is my list of the top 5 things I will miss about Nashville:
5. Music at any time, day or night, whether you want it or not.
4. The ease of being in a location that everything you need is within 2 miles of where you live.
3. (Mostly) Friendly people and smiling faces. You gotta love the south. (Not that New Orleans isn't the south, but it's a bit different)
2. Being so close to Lexington. It has been great being able to get up there any time I want to see my fam, and Beth and Katie.
1. Friends. I have met some wonderful people, not the least of whom is Angela and I will miss her terribly, although I know that we're both "only a phone call away." Love you girl!
On the opposite end of this sappiness, here are the top 5 things that I am thrilled to be getting away from:
5. Music at any time, day or night, whether you want it or not.
4. Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible drivers (they're really bad, folks).
3. Metrosexuals. There is something wrong when a man is prettier than me, even if we aren't together.
2. UT fans. Nutters.
1. Not being with Bart.
So, there you have it folks. The best and the worst of Nashville. This has been an amazing time in my life and I know that God put me here for many reasons (mainly to meet Angela and Bart, have some great time with Bradley, and to find out more about myself), but I also know that He has a plan and this move is just the next step. I'll be out of touch for a few days, but promise to post after the move, and hopefully will have some pictures of our new place to show you. Until then, much love to you all. Wish us luck!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sniff, sniff.... Good thing I got a reliable car-It's going to be put to good use!! =^)

Much love to you and Bart and Lockerman! ~Ang

Katie said...

~Tears~ You and Lockers drive safely. I will miss you being so close but am excited for you and Bart and all the adventures you will have! When you all get settled I will plan a trip down! :)

Amanda Bradley said...

nuzzles. we all know you moved to nashville b/c you couldn't stand to be away from me, so now that I've moved on it only makes sense that you leave too ;)

C said...

Personally, I'm PUMPED for you!!! Moving is always an adventure, and although it can be hard to leave the things you love, you are leaving for what you love the most: the Bartman. Good luck - and Tom and I are stoked for a reason to visit his hometown, chow down on some creole, and throw down with two people I freaking love. Best of luck.