Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Not-Quite-Drunk Dial

The reason I haven't posted in so long was that I was looking for the good in this world. Instead, all I came up with were some less-than-positive alternatives. At this point I am saying goodbye to quite a few things, which I love more than anything:
1. My husband (you may email for more details; and, no, we aren't splitting up)
2. A long friendship based on trust and honesty (which will never be over on my part)
3. My childhood (apparently at 27 you are no longer allowed to be a child)
4. My dignity (which is gone with all the crying I've done lately)
To explain: Bart has left. He is on his way to training for an OIC (officer in command) position in Afghanistan. His training will take him across the US and back before he leaves for the dessert at the end of April. All I can hope and pray is that God will bless His safety and mercy on Bart and all the troops overseas. Regardless of your opinions, I hope you will pray for the troops as well. Beyond those issues, we would have to be intimately close to discuss numbers 2 through 4. Better days to follow soon. I hope you are all well and holding your loved ones as close as you can. I know I would love to do so.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I would love to hold on onto my loved ones, but wait - they are either with their dad (Redden), in New Orleans, Philadelphia, or Nicholasville! Ack! Seriously,
I love you babydoll. Let's talk soon.

Anonymous said...

I love you so very much! Sending you long-distance hugs and kisses!! Come see me soon!

~Ang

C said...

Oh, Ari. I'm so, so sorry you're having to go through all of this. I don't know what I would do if I had to be separated from Tom for so long, worried about his safety and not only being so far away, but not being able to visit.

I'm praying for you, and always remember: "Great is the man who doesn't lose his child's heart with age"

I think that quote applies to women, too.