Friday, August 29, 2008

An Ode to LifeWay

Ari says:

Oh dear LifeWay, how I will miss thee. In my few remaining hours within your hallowed halls, I ponder the time we have spent together. I reminisce over the toils and trials, the pittance and the pain. Ah, sweet LifeWay, I pray that my time here has not been in vain. Alas, I fear that I am nothing more than an unremarkable peasant to you; easily forgotten and certainly never recognized for what we could have had together. You are a cruel mistress LifeWay and my heart bleeds with the sorrow of a jilted lover.

Hahaha! I couldn't keep going with that crap, sorry I made you suffer through it. As you may have guessed, today is my last day here at the Baptist Vatican. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm sad and I try desperately to conceal the large grin on my face. No, to be blatantly honest, I'm not sad to be leaving. I am thrilled to be taking a new step in my life. One towards my husband, one towards our life together and generally moving forward to something new. I have a lot coming up in the next couple weeks, but now I have the time and opportunity to do those things. I can search for a new job, get the apartment packed up, secure everything to help with the move and get us ready for New Orleans (that is if there is a NOLA to go to in a few weeks). I will admit that there are a few people here that I will miss seeing, but I know that the true friendships that I've made here are already solid and distance will not disrupt them. So, I say farewell to LifeWay and this era of my life. I'm not saying goodbye to Nashville just yet, but will be ready to do so when the time comes. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sniff...sniff...

~ang

Sally said...

I'm excited for you two....but you don't have to go even FURTHER away.....sniff, sniff...

Katie said...

No more ad spots, no more jerks, no more awful LifeWay work!