Sunday, November 9, 2008

Off I Go...

Ari says:
It's almost time!!! My first overseas trip is about to begin. I leave tomorrow morning (at the BC-o-D) for New York to meet up with Mom and Bill. Tuesday afternoon we'll be boarding a flight for Turkey and that's where it all begins. For the next 2 weeks I will be gallivanting all over the Middle East and I am way excited about the entire excursion. We will only be in Turkey for a short time, and the rest of our trip will be centered in Egypt and Israel. All this to say, I won't be blogging for a while. Now, I do promise that upon my return, there will be pictures of the new house as well as a well documented entry on my entire trip. I wish you all well these next couple weeks and will give you a homework assignment while I'm gone: Start your Christmas shopping! I say this only because I haven't had a chance to do that yet and it's making me very nervous. At least if someone has started it will give me a good push when I get back to get my butt into gear. So for now I say, TTFN and I'll talk to you all when I get back.
PS-I promise to post updates if I find an internet café.

6 comments:

C said...

WTH? When did you decide to go to TURKEY!!!? I want to go! And just to calm your weary soul, I had my shopping nearly done a long time ago. I was freaked out the having a newborn at the end of October would make shopping tough so I've been buying throughout the year. Highly recommended. Turkey!? Seriously? WTH? Have a blast!

Katie said...

Here is a novel idea... the Snake in Snakes and Sceptres could blog while your gone... hehehe just teasing you Bart! Have fun in Turkey and Egypt and Israel! Don't get licked by a camel!

PS - the verification word is 'noses' hehehehe

Amanda Bradley said...

I do believe that BC-o-D just might be by new favorite shorthand!

katie, my word verification is gartupo. we should play our own blogger version of Balderdash! Gartupo- n. a nickname for the Garden Gestapo.

Bethie said...

Ari, I hope you are having fun. I have complaining about people to do, so get the beer ready when you get back.

My word is revilsi - v. the act of seeing something when it is revealed.

C said...

Ari, I miss you. Come back!!! And by the way, you need to change your location in your profile.

My word is licatsis: what a Mexican says when he wants you to look at something.

Bart and/or Ari said...

Not sure if any of you will see this, but I can't blog from here for some reason. We are currently in Israel and are on the last leg of our trip (thank goodness). I am totally wiped out, but the trip has been amazing. Can't wait to fill you all in. And, Beth, don't worry. There will be plenty of beer time when I get home. Love you all!
PS-My word is SUSNV. I think that was the year the Romans invaded Constantinople and took over. Actually, that isn't all that funny b/c I just saw the walls of Constantinople a couple days ago. Weird.