Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Updates?

Considering that Bart and I are living in a new city, Bart has a new job, and we have acquired a new cat, I have surprisingly little to blog about. I think, though, that it all comes down to perception, and I am willing to bend mine to give a little of myself to my readers ("There is no spoon" name that movie). First things first, our new addition, PJ has firmly set herself into our hearts. She has become an instant playmate for Sherlock, with them running up and down the hallway and wrestling at 2 in the morning, and an extra little fuzzy thing for Bart and me to love on. She is truly precious and our little family is more complete with her around. She's actually sitting on the desk as I type this, as if she knows what I'm saying. Now, what else haven't I told you? Oh, my dance card is getting a bit fuller these days. I am thrilled to say that Angela is coming to see me next weekend and I can't wait for her visit! We don't have solid plans yet, but I am totally excited. Anyone want to join her? After Ang leaves, I'll be going out to visit with Mom and Bill for a long weekend and I'm really looking forward to that as well. It'll be nice to have some down time with them, since the last time I saw them we were all running through an airport trying to get home. March is bringing a trip up to Nashville with Conley (ROAD TRIP!!!) for Laura's wedding and a much-needed Diva reunion. And last but not least, Beth and Stephen are making their way to the Big Easy to visit Bourbon Street, and I'm sure a bead collecting contest will ensue at some point (or at least the guys wish). All this to say, I'm really excited about the next couple months. There's tons to do and fun people to see, so that helps the whole "perception" thing a bit. I think right now I'm just a bit down because of the whole not-having-a-job thing. It is so strange to have worked every day for so long and now have nothing. As I told Conley and Bradley earlier today, I find myself letting things go around the house just so I'll have more to do later. I mean, I organized our CDs the other day! Yes, I'm totally bored. The worst part, though, is that boredom + lack of job = lack of good moods. I am finding it harder and harder to be positive about things and I'm sure Bart is totally sick of me being such a baby about stuff. I keep trying, though, and that's all I can say. So, with all that on the table, my job search is in full swing (anyone know of any openings in NOLA?). I'm searching daily and will continue to do so. The one thing I know for sure is that I am totally blessed to have a wonderful husband and 2 loving cats to share my evenings with. I also have the most amazing family and friends who are always willing to commiserate and "cope" with me. Who could ask for anything more?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matrix. I think I actually knew one of the movie quotes you throw out so often! Go me! I can't wait till the trip to the Big Easy! Good friends, good seafood and all the week before Mardi Gras starts!Whew!!And if anyone wants to come along just let me know.

~Ang

C said...

Oh, how I wish I could join Angela. It's a paradox, huh? The more you have to do, the more you wish for quiet time, and the less you have to do, the more you wish for craziness.

Love you, Ari. I totally understand.

Sally said...

I so wish we could visit, but I have the feeling that "bead contests" wouldn't be too much fun with a 6year old and a 2year old at my ankles....just a thought.
love and huggs

Bart and/or Ari said...

I'll never be sick of you BG!
I love spending nights with my little Fam too.

FBj