Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Everything and Nothing

Ari says:
Side Note: I just lost half the blog I was trying to post, but will try again. Here goes!

I feel like so much has happened in the last week, but really don't have too much to tell. How very sad is that? So much time has passed and so many things occurred, but whether any of it is of interest, I guess, will be up to you. Anyway, here goes: Mom came in Tuesday afternoon and we immediately got into our "catch up" mode. It was so great to see her, but we could both instantly tell that out time together would be too short. We had a great couple days together filled with lots of talking, some work for Mom, a bit of wine for both of us, and an all around wonderful time. We did take a little detour Wednesday night and went downtown to babysit for the Namey Family (we didn't watch all three of them, just Kate). Tom and Sallie were in town for a movie premiere and I was eager to see them and spend some time with Kate. She was an absolute joy and Mom and I had a great time looking out the window with her, exploring the hotel, and witnessing the marvel of Kate eating. It was awesome! We were also able to catch up with the elder Nameys and see how precious Sallie is with little Tommy still in her belly. Tom and Sal, it was great seeing you. Keep us up to date on all the baby news! Thursday and Friday seemed to fly by with Mom and all too soon we were heading to the airport. I hated to see her go, but know that we'll get a trip in soon. She'll just have to come see our place in NOLA. Right? Right. After dropping Mom off, I got on the road to Lexington for another farewell of sorts. I realized as I was driving that this was the last time I would be able to jaunt up for a weekend. Soon enough the drive will be well over 10 hours and not so easily managed. Anyway, I got in Friday evening and Katie and I spent a great night outside talking and enjoying the weather. Saturday I met up with Beth for a fun lunch and some mall exploration. I can't believe how much my beloved Fayette Mall has changed. The silly thing seems massive and way too cosmo for Lexington. Oh, the times...they are a-changin'. Beth and I had a great time, and then we were off to get ready for the UK game. Beth, Stephen and Kevin came to pick up Katie, Neil and myself later in the evening. We headed to a place called Friends & Co. (formerly Trumps) and proceeded to have a great night of darts, football and people watching. Where can I get some of those cutoff shorts?! We did all have a minor heart attack at the end of the game when MTSU almost scored a touchdown on the last play, but the football gods smiled on the Wildcats for once and we were able to eek out a victory. The clan was all pretty tired after the game, so we headed to our respective homes and that was it for the evening. Sunday dawned not-so-bring and very windy, so Katie and I settled in for a day of crap tv and Chinese food, which turned out to be the perfect combo for a dreary Sunday. Soon enough, though, I was packing up my bag and saying goodbye to head over to my Dad's house for a final visit with everyone over there. Seanna and Kyleigh were both very excited that Sissy was there, and great commotion ensued. Both were eager to display all their talents at once and show every new toy and accrual since my last visit. I must admit that I'm not used to that much activity, but they are both so sweet and precious that you can't help but love them for it. We had a fun night just talking and catching up, but it was soon bedtime. Monday I got up and piddled around the house before heading to see Seanna at school. I had promised to come in and have lunch with her, so off I went. It was very strange driving near my old high school and seeing all the "kids" walking around. I will say, though, that I was a little nervous going back to school and wasn't sure what to expect. Seanna was so excited that I was there, and quickly introduced me to her friends and hustled me through the lunch line. We dined on "Pizadas" (which seem to be very small Hot Pockets) and mashed potatoes. Could have been worse. Seanna showed me around her classes a little bit, but soon had to return to class, so I headed out to run a couple errands. A couple of them were thwarted, but no harm done and I went back to the house with time to spare. I wanted to rest up a bit, so I turned on the tube and took it easy until everyone returned from work and school respectively. The rest of the evening was spent with dinner, homework, video games and a ballet display or two. Once it was "bedtime" I took my leave and got on the road back to Nashvegas. It was an easy drive and I was home a bit earlier than expected. Again, though, I am a bit sad that this era is coming to an end. I'll just have to be more diligent in my plans and travels. And that, my dear friends, brings us up to the present. On a completely different note, today is Sally's (or "Sally-in-St.-Louis" as I call her) birthday and I want to wish her a wonderful day. She is an amazing mother and a wonderful friend, and no one could ever ask for anyone more loyal to be in their life. Happy Birthday, Sal!! I guess that's all folks. I hope I haven't bored you too much with this epistle. News to come soon on the move, as soon as I have it, that is. Take care!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

It was so good seeing you. I don't think we could have had a better farewell weekend. My heart catches is my throat a little though - it always does when you move. I will be praying for you all and calling frequently. Love you!

Amanda Bradley said...

it sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. I got a little choked up myself reading about all your goodbyes! on a happier note, glad that you are blogging again.