Sunday, September 28, 2008

News Brief

Ari says:
Wow, who would have thought that life could be such a whirlwind when you're not working? This past week has been one of trials, emotions, errands and preparation. I'm not even sure where to start. On the good side of things, Bart is on his way home even as I type this. He left this morning and should be home early this week. It will certainly be a long drive for him, so I ask for your prayers for safety during his trip. We are both really excited that he's coming home (actually, all three of us are, as I've told Sherlock repeatedly that Daddy is coming soon), but know that we have a lot of packing and preparation for the move ahead of us. We signed our lease this week and will take possession of the house we're renting on November first. We certainly have our work cut out for us. In other news, Beth and Stephen came into town late last night and the three of us, along with Angela had an amazing time hanging out, catching up and just blowing off some steam. We stayed up entirely too late, but it was totally worth it. Thanks for visiting guys! I guess beyond all this, I don't have much to report. As I mentioned, this week has been very emotional. I find myself very contemplative and reflective at the moment. I have a couple very dear friends who are in highly difficult situations right now and I am unsure how to help them. It is hard for me, being a "fixer," to be helpless and standby as someone I love is in pain. All I can do is offer my love and support and let them know that I will always be there for them. However, there is a bright spot in all of this. I know that God can work miracles in any situation, and I know that He has a plan. Whether or not it is what we want, He will do what is right and best in all things. This is an amazing comfort to me to know that everything and all of us are in His hands. Or as Katie would say, "This too shall pass." On a really great note, yesterday was an amazing day of college football. Penn State and Kentucky both won their games and a few more undefeated teams fell to their opponents. How fun that football has started back up and that fall has arrived! I've noticed a few trees starting to change and know that this is going to be a gorgeous season in many different ways. It is certainly a time for change, not only in the weather, but in life as well. Although some of these changes may seem formidable, it is so very exciting to experience what is going on in our lives and all around us.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Glad to know that things are going well! Since you don't move until Nov 1...perhaps you two could make it to the bonfire....*hint hint* As you said, things can be rough but stand tall and be brave...you'll do great!
love you!

Bethie said...

We had a BLAST!!! Thanks for having us! Great blog!

C said...

ok, I just posted a long comment that's not showing up!!!

Katie said...

I think your friends probably know how much you love and support them. You do your part by just being there. I am positive that they appreciate that. ;)