Monday, September 29, 2008

A Poorly Titled Bachelorette Party

Ari says:
I am reveling in this moment; not in a "Lafayette Revelers" kind of way (you have to be a true Lexentonian to know that term), but in an exhilarating kind of way. I'm sure I sound daft, but let me assure you that I am mostly sane. Right now, Bart is resting his tired eyes in Oklahoma City, a mere 10 hours away from our homestead. By this time tomorrow night he will have been home for a couple hours. This is only remarkable because he hasn't been home in 7 months, was gone for over 5 months last year, and in our scant 1+ year of marriage we have only, physically, lived together for about 2 and 1/2 months due to his orders and military obligations. Please understand that I do not harbor any ill will towards this circumstance, but am extremely excited that we are about to start a new chapter in our married life. We are embarking on an entire month of living together and a move to a new city. In light of my previous statements, allow me to say that it is about damn time that we get a chance to be husband and wife. We have so much looming on our horizon: new orders, a move to NOLA, new friends, children (not yet, so don't get any ideas), and so many other things (probably many of which as yet undiscovered). Above all, we get a chance to be a couple and this is what is most important to me. I couldn't be more thrilled to have him home. All this being said, I have become quite accustomed to having this apartment to myself (well, myself and Sherlock). In the time since Bart has been gone (both during and post-work days) I have found a routine and a place for myself and my distractions. In honor of this particularly grand night (seeing as I cannot sleep for excitement), I am allowing myself one last evening of relative "singledom": No boys allowed (except Sherlock, of course, who is happily playing with an ice-cube in the bathtub at the moment), greasy food accepted, and an imbibement or two at the ready. This is a night to say a fond farewell to a year of lessons and trials, and certainly one of personal growth. It certainly has been an adventure, but nothing compared to what is in store for us. Please wish us luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ari! You two will have such a great time! The military has its way of invaiding a marriage uh?:) I hope you got some sleep and are all rested for your big day...enjoy every second. And Goodluck! Moving is hard work married, single or whatever ..its still hard! I wish you guys the best.

Anonymous said...

I bet Bart was having trouble sleeping too. I'm so happy that you guys are getting this chance to just be for a month. I love you guys so much!! What an amazing future you two are embarking on!
~Ang

Katie said...

Woohoo! What a great evening! I can't believe he will be home tonight! Yea!

C said...

Tell the Bartman hello for me! I miss you guys and Nashville and hate that it will never ever be the same. But this is a great change and I'll be thinking of you guys.