Monday, June 16, 2008

There's a Bump on the Log in the Hole in the Middle of the Sea

Ari says:
Ok, so either you know the song and have had a laugh and are now singing the song, or you think I've lost it this morning (which is probably true). For those of you "in the know" go on and sing and then you can finish reading later. If you don't know the song, your childhood was lacking. Enough of all that, let's get to the weekend. I had been really looking forward to this weekend for a while and it did not disappoint. Angela and I had a great dinner at Cozy's and then a chill night on the couch with a movie. I won't talk about the movie simply because it wasn't good enough to waste too much time on. We stayed up talking and enjoying the brief storm, but soon enough it was time for bed. I got up bright and early Saturday morning. No, these were not the actions of a crazy woman; I went to pick Conley up from the airport. She was coming in to visit with Bradley and BJ (it's my blog, I can call him what I want) before their move to P-cola. We did some shopping and errand running, but before long were over at the Bradley household to visit, play with the baby and commence the mini Diva Convention. What an awesome day! We spent practically all of it outside on the porch, passing around the baby and just enjoying each other's company. We did sing to little BJ, who seemed to enjoy it, and it's always difficult for the three of us to pass up a chance to sing together. All too soon, though, it was time to go home for the night. Conley, Angela and I attempted to watch The Last Unicorn (fantastically cheesy cartoon movie from our childhood), but Conley peaced out with 14 minutes left to go. New rule: if you pick the movie and others have to suffer through it, you have to stay up and finish it. Oh well, it was fun to revisit this once-forgotten story (it also made me realize just how brain dead we are as children). Sunday came all too soon and Conley and I got up and ready to meet her parents for lunch. We had an awesome lunch at Cozy's (yes, that was twice in one weekend), and it was great to catch up with her parents. On the way out the door, I engaged in one of those I'm-trying-to-let-someone-pass-by-me-but-they're-trying-to-let-me-pass-them dance routines with a guy who was presumably coming in for a late lunch. We finally got our steps in the right order and as we passed each other I oh-so-gracefully smashed the top of my thigh into a wooden bench. No, it didn't feel good at all, and by the time I got home and put my comfies on there was a 5 inch long, 3 inch wide fuchsia lump on the top of my leg (my not so lovely lady lump). Hence the "bump on the log" title reference. Trust me when I say that this thing isn't pretty and hurts like a mug. Anyway, when I got home, Angela came over and we watched our other rental from Friday night, "The Bucket List" (or Suck-it List as Conley would call it). We both really enjoyed it, but compared it to a deeper "Grumpy Old Men." It was basically a vehicle for two great actors with a nice life message. I spent the rest of the afternoon watching Smallville and relaxing. I know, nothing too exciting and I only hurt myself once. I promise to try and get into something embarrassing soon. Hope you're all well and have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Katie said...

COZY Addict! Intervention!!

Bethie said...

Fun weekend, wish I were there! (No seriously, after the weekend I had, I wish I were anywhere but KY!) :) Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love The Last Unicorn....man it gets me everytime when they are stuck in the waves of the ocean. ....."In the distance hear the laughter of the last unicorn. I'm aaallllliiiiiveeeee....I'm aaaaalllliiiiivvveeee." *tear

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend!!! They always go to fast!! =^)