Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Some Funny Title

Ari says:
My creative juices aren't as freely flowing as they usually are today, but I will do my best as I try to recap the weekend's adventures. After work on Friday I sped home in the hopes of getting some errands taken care of before Katie and Neil showed up. Although they were crazy speedy, I was able to get everything done and we had an awesome night watching funny videos (You did come to my mind), listening to music, imbibing and catching up. (Side note: Sherlock did not hiss once, actually curled up with Neil on the couch, and this was all after his day-o'-hell at the vet.) Saturday dawned for Neil, but Katie and I snoozed until late in the morning/afternoon. We had a great lunch at Cozymel's (yes, again) and were going to head to visit downtown Franklin, but our plans were thwarted by weather. Instead we spent the afternoon learning as much as we could about Ultimate Fighting (they have their own reality tv show). We finally were able to go visit Bradley before she and Little B headed out of town. Angela joined us and we sat outside at the house visiting and enjoying the evening. It wasn't easy to leave, but I know I'll get to see Bradley & Co. soon, and I was lucky to have the support of great friends. We decided that we'd try downtown Franklin again and headed to McCreary's Irish Pub for some amazing food and fantastic live music. I'm usually not a fan (of live music in small settings), but these guys were awesome. The evening wrapped up with more chatting and just a good all-around time. Well, it must have been in their blood because Katie and Neil were Speedy McSpeedersons Sunday morning and were out and on the road by about 8:10. I finished my book and took a little nap. I was dreading the day's events and, therefore, procrastinating. Finally I realized that I must get it over with. What was this oh-so-daunting task? I had to give the cat a flea bath and manage to keep all my appendages at the same time. Well, I'm sure you can imagine the Comedy of Errors that ensued, but suffice it to say that although Sherlock was in the tub for about 15 minutes, I was probably more drenched than he was after the fact. I will say that he only jumped out of the tub once and didn't bite me at all (ergo, all appendages are intact). It was just miserable listening to his pitiful howling and suffering through his gaze of "Why do you hate me so?" and "Was I bad? I'll fix it, I promise!" Long story short, we got it all taken care of and the battle of the fleas is coming to an end. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and reading. I'm really good at both of those things. The odd thing about the day was how subdued Sherlock was after his ordeal. He slept like a fiend and I actually got a little worried about him. Sally told me that he was probably still wiped out from his day at the vet and this in combination with the bath just took its toll (2nd side note: Sally has a new blog and you should totally check it out
here). It just struck me as strange that he wasn't playing, biting or howling at all. Yesterday was the same, although he showed a bit more life last night. Yes, at 2:30 this morning the howling started back up and he managed to knock Bart's lamp off the nightstand, thoroughly scaring the crap out of both of us. Yeah, I think the cat's fine. I think that's all for me at the moment. I'm thrilled that I'm leaving tomorrow to go see Bart. Not only do I get to leave work early and be gone for two days, but I get to see my sweet husband and spend some much needed time with him. Our anniversary is this Sunday, so it will be a great weekend for us. I hope this week is going well for you all and that it is very short and your weekend long. These are my prayers for each of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, honey, I'm so excited for your anniversary weekend! As for poor Sherlock, I'm sure he's much recovered. When Sookie had her round with fleas, I think I overdid it on the flea spray and it doped her up. Maybe that's what happened to Lockers? She was a total rag doll the rest of the day and not at all her usual mean, bitchy self. I was really worried, but she snapped out of it eventually!

C said...

Ari, have a beautiful time with Bart this weekend, and congratulations on your first year together! Be careful, Baby Kate was born 9 months after our first anniversary! Ha!

What will Year Two bring for you?

Bethie said...

From someone with experience, hire a professional to get rid of the fleas, those little buggers will not be deterred by one measly flea bath. It took us two months to get rid of ours, and the final straw (that worked) was the professional exterminator. Good luck, I know the boat you are in!!! And have a blast and Happy Anniversary!!!

Amanda Bradley said...

I too was glad for the extra time despite the reasons. And I miss my diva :o(

Katie said...

We had such a great time visiting with you Nashvegans (those who reside in Nash Vegas)! I hope you and Bart have a great time and make a baby this weekend. Did I just say that? :) I mean, I hope you have a great time this weekend. hehehe

Anonymous said...

I love to watch my cats right after they get out of the bath. They are seething with anger and they look so funny when their fluff is all wet. I guess that makes me evil.