Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Old Married Woman

Ari says:

I can't believe it's been a year. As of this past Sunday Bart and I have made it through the dreaded first year of marriage. Everyone says that the first year is the hardest. Yeah... 'bout that. Honestly, it has been a crazy year in more ways than just being newly weds. I won't go into details, since you probably all know, but it has been a wild ride. I just have to say that I am blessed with a wonderful husband and I couldn't ask for anything more. We do have some exciting things on the horizon, so stay tuned for details. Bart and I had a great visit this weekend. I can't really say that we did much of anything, but we had a blast nonetheless. Friday he surprised me with a Spa Day, so I got to be a pampered princess for a few hours and enjoyed my first ever facial, my second ever massage and my 10584th ever pedicure (give or take). It was amazing! I was so totally relaxed by the time we left and was basically a pulpy lump in the car on the way back to the hotel. Saturday was a lazy day, but we did manage to drag ourselves out to see Wall-E. If you haven't seen this yet, you've got to. I don't know how Disney/Pixar manages to make a machine robot so precious and lovable, but they do. We spent the rest of the night watching movies, eating pizza and just enjoying our time together. Coming home Sunday was difficult as always. I guess this time I was a bit better knowing that we are past the halfway point (3 months and counting) until he comes home and I'm on a 2 month countdown for other things (again, details to come and no, I'm not pregnant). I will say, though, that it feels as if I've spent the last year and a half counting down to some event or another and wishing away precious days. I don't think I've lost time or missed anything, just weird to constantly be pushing for next week or next month. Of course, I'm always ready for a weekend, but who isn't? OH!! Before I forget, Bart now has his computer back and has blogging capability. Feel free to bug the tar out of him until he actually writes a blog. Here's my threat: if he doesn't write one soon, I'll post all 3 of his email addresses, his cell number and hotel room number so that everyone can harass him. I'll give him until Friday.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great blog!! I am so glad that the two had a wonderful time together. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

aww i am glad that you got to go visit bart! come see us soon too!
-laura

Sally said...

You two are adorable! I am so excited about the year to come. There will be so many changes, how fun to experience them together. I love you both and can't wait to see what Bart has to blog about!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on one year!!! That's awesome. I am so glad he'll be home in three months. What a relief!