Friday, July 11, 2008

Pathetically Hysterical

Ari says:
Before I get to my tale of woe, I have to tell you that today is Seanna's 10th birthday and I can't believe it. She's still an awkward (aquard) little girl in some ways, but she is growing up so quickly and I can't wait to see who she becomes. Happy Birthday to Seanna.
And on with the show... So, yesterday was "that day." We've all had them, we all know what it's like, but sometimes they just hit you harder than others. I had a righteously difficult day at work, filled with all kinds of ridiculous demands and last-minute projects, obnoxious coworkers (that word always looks like cow-orkers to me), and most of all an endless stack of junk that has to be completed by the end of August (let me just tell you that it may not all get done). And to top it off no one was available to escape and go to lunch with me (insert extended lower lip and frowny face here). Finally 4 o'clock rolled around and I practically ran out the door. I knew going home wasn't going to be much better, but I would have rather gone to the grocery for an entire day than stay at work any longer (yes, Bradley, the grocery; deal with it). I got home and immediately changed clothes to get on the treadmill (again, not my favorite), but I'm really trying to be better and workout more (Side note: I got an exercise ball and worked out with it on Wednesday and absolutely loved it!!). I trekked through my 45 minutes and was then able to cool down for a little bit. My next task for the evening was giving Sherlock yet another flea bath. I won't bore you with the details since I've already told you about the first one and we'll just say that it went about as well this time. So, this mean-ole-mommy let her son free after the torture and proceeded into the kitchen for some much deserved dinner. Got everything ready and in about 20 minutes I was propped on the couch, ready to enjoy food and a movie (Bart bought me Harry Potter OOTP for our anniversary. That's Order of the Phoenix for those of you not in the know). Sherlock was in hiding, licking everything on his body he could reach to rid himself of the residual horror that I had inflicted upon him. So there I was, eating, watching and just unwinding from a nasty day, when out comes Sherlock who decides to get up on his big box (which is actually a wide screen tv that was given to us for our wedding that we haven't been able to put up yet because of lack of space). He gets to about the middle of the box and then hunches down like he's going to pounce on something on the floor, concentrating intently. I'm vaguely watching him and wondering what has offended him, when I notice that he still hasn't jumped. No, he's not going to pounce. He's decided to pee on the wall. No, I am not kidding. The cat was so mad at me for the whole bath thing that he got right in front of me and peed on the wall. I immediately jumped up and swatted his nose, to which he responded by continuing his stream. I couldn't pick him up because it would have gone everywhere, so I had to wait until he was done. Needless to say, the cat was reprimanded and didn't come near me for quite some time. With dinner ruined and my mood even more foul than before, I did what any one of us would have done: I went and got a beer from the fridge. I plopped back down on the couch (after cleaning everything up, of course) and was able to watch the rest of my movie. By the end of the night I was able to laugh (almost) at the situation, but all in all, it was just a crappy day and I'm really glad it's over.
PS-Please don't make any "pissed off" jokes because if you did, I would be very disappointed in your lack of creativity. I know my friends and I know you are all way more clever than that.

8 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

This is a cold call from a stranger
but I found your blog when looking for people who like to read. If you enjoy novels like "The Chronicles Of Narnia", then may I suggest another title to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an action adventure fantasy, which you might find a 'good read.' If you want to sample it there are two chapters on www.threeswans.com.au
On another note, Liz(my wife) and I have been married nearly 29 years. It is worth it! All the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...How well does cat pee come off dryway? I'm glad the beer numbed the pain of that experience. Your cat might need one too.

C said...

Man, I would have been PEEved!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, honey! I bet if you'd really done what you wanted to do to him, you could have proven that contrary to popular belief, cats can fly! One time I proved that chicken can fly . . . and mashed potatoes . . . and peas. Sometimes in life you just need to throw something! So kudos on keeping your calm.

Amanda Bradley said...

Urine for a real treat here: per Conley's comment, that was peas- P-E-A-S, not P-E-E-S. yep, and the comments keep trickling in!

Andrew Clarke said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving the suggestion. Good to hear from you. Best wishes.

Katie said...

I was going to make some lame reference to urine but 1) who can compete with Bradley's comment? 2) I am intrigued by your cold call comment! I want random people to find my blog and comment on it! Hey Andrew - read my blog!!

Bart and/or Ari said...

What's the big deal!?

I pee on walls all the time.