Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Can Get Enough


Ari says:

Ok, you've seen a full-out hissy, but it's time for a rant. If you don't want to read it, I don't blame you a bit, but here goes: I am about done with gas prices. In preparing to write this little entry, I found this picture of a Shell station and became even more incensed that the price shown is a full dollar less than our current gas prices and this picture was taken less than a year ago. I've got two words for you "E Nough." I will refrain from getting all political on you, especially because my political savvy is rather limited, but this is just ridiculous. I don't care who you are, what office you hold or how much money you make, at some point this is going to ruin us all. We are successfully running our entire economy into the ground simply because we can't let go of our incessant and churlish "need" for oil. Not to mention the fact that it's filthy. I won't pretend that I'm "green" or anything, but we have to realize that this is destroying our planet and if we don't change what we're doing we won't have a planet left to destroy. There are so many alternatives to our gas-guzzling customs, I just don't understand why we can't start to actually use them. I take that back, I understand that the oil companies have their fingers in so many pies that trying to eradicate this epidemic would be on par with exorcising demons from the soul of our country, but frankly, I'm not sure I care at this point. I'm sure I have a very limited scope of what something that drastic would do to our economy, but I can't help but think of all the good using a renewable resource would do (hey ethanol, how are you?). I'm not a tree hugger type, but I love how pretty our world is and would like to keep it from being destroyed. I'm also not a spend-thrift, but if things keep going this way, I'm going to need a raise just to get back and forth from my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER!!! (But I do like hugging trees, they are nice.)