Monday, April 7, 2008

It's All Relative

Ari says:
What an awesome weekend! Despite a nasty drive on Friday, I was lucky enough to get up to Indy this weekend to see my Mom and several other wonderful members of my family. Side note: for those of you who don't know (which most of you do/should), my Mom is fantastic. She's seriously one of the greatest people I've ever known, and I'm not biased at all (I could go on forever, but I'll spare you). Anyway, we didn't do much of anything, but we all had a great time hanging out, catching up, and of course eating more than we ever needed to. I will say, though, that I've developed a nasty new habit. My lovely (aforementioned) Mother and Grandmother peer-pressured me into learning the revolting and time depleting game of Sudoku. I'm really mad at them right now, considering that I got so into it last night that I gave myself a headache trying to make the grid work on the diagonal (don't ever try that). Hey, I've already told you that I am weak, and buster am I a sucker for things that so fully appeal to my OCD. If you haven't started playing, don't. You'll never see your television or favorite books again. If you have started, do you know how to quit? I could use some help over here. And if you're laughing at me right now, it means you know exactly what I'm talking about and are a closet player yourself and have no room to talk.

2 comments:

Amanda Bradley said...

I'm too lazy for sudoku. I always end up cheating and looking in the back. I highly recommend this- saves hours of frustration!

MamaB said...

So glad you have come over to the dark side and are playing Sudoku. I love this mindless game but can only do the easy ones and some medium ones. But it is a great distraction from stupid TV shows and reruns!