Monday, April 21, 2008

That's a Wrap!

Ari says:
From time to time, God sees fit to test us. I get that, and am sure He's just keeping us on our spiritual toes. Saturday morning must have been my time. I got up that morning at 9 (which should be illegal on a Saturday) and showered in preparation for Bradley's baby shower. I got my hair slung into a towel and proceeded into the living room to wrap Conley's and my presents for the shower. I had purchased this absolutely precious paper (white with silver hand and foot prints) and was really excited to use it (I'm kinda a freak about wrapping presents). The great part about the paper was that it was gender neutral so that I could use it for all the upcoming newborns that are spewing forth from my friends. Anyway, I removed the annoying plastic wrap from the roll and commenced unrolling the paper to cut it. As I unrolled the lovely white paper turned a solid pink and continued to be that color for the rest of the roll. I was bamboozled, tricked, hoodwinked (not to mentioned severely pissed)! The entire reason I bought the paper was wiped out in one fell swoop. I rushed to my conservative collection of wrapping paper and was able to find some that was acceptable, but I was certainly not happy in any way, shape or form. The shower itself was very nice and Bradley certainly racked up on the baby paraphernalia. Now it's time to get little BJ here. We're all very excited to see what he looks like. But before that happens, I've got some wrapping paper to return.

2 comments:

Amanda Bradley said...

If God was testing your patience, you forgot the part about Sherlock "helping" you wrap the present!!

MamaB said...

I thought your pretty and bright red papepr was very nice and perfect for baby Bradley's presents and the white curling ribbon with Sherlock's little teeth marks was just "precious"!