Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All Hitched Up


Ari says:

It's o-fficial!! Bethie is all married. Wow, I still can't quite believe it, but I'm sure it will sink in eventually. This weekend marked the end of an era. The founding members of the GOB Scale are now married off and getting on with their more demure and reserved lives (please remember everything is relative). To ward off any fears of my favorite twins, I will not go into any explanation of the GOB Scale at this time, but if anyone needs some good stories, give me a call and I will regale you with tales of teenage mayhem. However, in honor of this momentous occasion, I have a couple memories that I'd like to share with Beth and Katie (please know that I'm not excluding the rest of you, I just have a lot of history with these girls):
-LTMS, need I say more?
-Cheerleading routines
-The Notebook (not the movie)
-really good fights
-"I'm not trying to fee-bunny."
-Your parent's back porch
-Cops (birthday party, Glendover, etc)
-The Land Yacht
-Techno music
-Boys, boys, boys...
Honestly, I could go on forever. Beth and Katie, I thank you for being two of the most wonderful friends anyone could have. I love you both dearly. Beth, make sure Stephen takes care of you and loves you the way you deserve. If anyone can keep him in line, it's you.

Ok, enough sappy junk, and on to the good stuff. The weekend was a blast! Thursday night was the highly anticipated bachelorette party, complete with a pink Hummer stretch limo. (Can you believe I actually got in?) Well, we decked Beth out in the fun veil, sash, blinky ring and all the other stuff that goes with it and set off. We drove around Lexington for a bit, enjoying our champagne and showing off and then headed to dinner at Joe B's. Our server decided to have a massive brain fart before we got there, so it took us a bit longer than we planned. Luckily, I was at the fun table, so I didn't mind taking the time. After dinner we headed to Marika's (sp?) for drinks and a couple reunions (unplanned) and got back downtown in time to let our beleaguered driver go at the appointed time. We stopped in at Redman's for a few and then trekked back to the hotel to put our bride-to-be in bed. The rest of the evening was spent fending off inebriated bachelors and scouring the city for a lost entity. (Yeah, that's a long story that I'm not getting into.) Friday was the rehearsal, dinner and cookout. Awesome stuff and some great food! Saturday dawned fresh and beautiful ("It's a nice day for a white wedding") and we were all ready for the big show. Everything went down without a snag, but we did get the "hitch" part taken care of. The only "goof" was that the minister forgot that I was supposed to sing. Oops! No big deal, and I'm guessing a few people were as relieved as I was. The reception was way too much fun and I spent the evening dancing with some of my favorite people, including a set of twins, a hot redhead and a MILF (and no, Ice Dancer Barbie will not be included in this list).

All in all, it was a great weekend. Congratulations to Beth and Stephen and a huge Thank You to Katie and Neil for letting me crash. Love you guys!!

3 comments:

Amanda Bradley said...

wow- all that to read, and all I can fixate on is the pink hummer limo. I'm so jealous!

Congrats Stephen and Best Wishes, Beth!

Katie said...

Oh man lady, you caught me with this at the right moment. I am missing you and Beth something fierce. (Yes, I just said that and no, I won't take it back.) :) It was a blast and I am feeling awfully lonely right now.. hey if you are feeling like a move to the Lexington area, I am free this weekend. ;)

Anonymous said...

I made it into the blog!!! I'm so excited!!
It was a beautiful wedding and I feel honored to be in the lives of such amazing peeps! =^) I lurve you all! Congrats to the happy couple and to Ari for being able to relax and not sing! ;^)
~Ang