Monday, May 19, 2008

Sore-ly Disappointed

Ari says:
Ow. I mean really: Ouch. Apparently this blog is becoming the location to document all of my ridiculous aches, pains and mishaps. Grr. At least this time I am not injured as much as I am responding to activities. Basically, I didn't hurt myself by accident, I did it on purpose. Ok Lucy, I'll 'splain. Saturday was a gorgeous day here in the big Nash-vegas and I had promised Angela that I would help her weed out and replant her flower bed. We made a trip to Home Depot to get some mulch and plants (I used my "big girl truck" to haul it all around) and then we were ready to go. We realized that the last time anything had been done to this particular area was almost exactly 2 years ago. Yeah, it was a long day. We commenced eradicating the offensive weeds and dead plants and 2 hours later were only halfway into our task. We dug, scraped and clawed our way into the depths of the earth only to find that the roots we were tracking actually had no beginning or end (I won't even go into the numerous apologies to earthworms or screams at scampering spiders). Finally, everything was removed and bagged and we were ready to plant. The planting, top soiling and mulching took much less time and eventually we had a lovely little garden to show for all our hard work. That's when the pain set in. Apparently I used every single muscle in my body and by Sunday morning they had all joined forces to form one giant "super" muscle that would be in a perpetual state of soreness and pain. Yeah, I'm sore, but it's a good kind of sore. I was supposed to clean my floors and wash Bart's truck yesterday, but I'm sure you can guess that these things just didn't happen. I spent yet another day feeling rather proud of and sorry for myself. I am such a big baby.
And now for something completely different: for all of you blog-readers and day-wasters, Miss Katie has a new blog and invites you to read it. Head over to Bugg's Life for fun, folly, frivolity and a few infractions.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Way to give a girl a shout out! Thanks! :) I am sorry you are so sore! :( But I can imagine that it is definitely the hurt-so-good kind of sore. And hey, if you want to do it again, I have some weeds that need to be pulled....

Anonymous said...

Wow. You should start a lawn care business. It would be a great way to get buff. All I can say is that I hope there was some beer drinking to go along with all that hard work.

Anonymous said...

Many props to my favorite girl! Thanks for helping me out!! I owe you one...or 40!!
BTW-the wussy garbage men didn't even take the big bag o' weeds b/c it was to heavy! You know the one 2girls carried to the curb!!