Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm Still Here

Ari says:
No, dear readers, you haven't gotten rid of me yet. I've just been dealing with a few demons recently and haven't had the appropriate level of moxy needed to contrive such abundant issues to which you've become accustomed. Demon slaying aside, you deserve a weekend wrap-up and I have been remiss. My wayward husband made it home Friday evening and he was smart enough not to check his bag. I walked in to the airport, found him and we walked out. As simple as that and we were home in no time. We spent the rest of the evening drinking champagne, eating snacks in the kitchen and laughing at Sherlock who just couldn't decide whose leg he needed to rub against more. He was so happy that his Daddy was home and was purring so hard that he almost fell off the counter at one point. Quite cute. Saturday was adventure day for us. Bart has decided that he wants to take up playing either the banjo or the mandolin. No, he's never played a stringed instrument, so we're taking things slowly right now. We headed into downtown Nash-Vegas to scope out a few of these instruments and ended up finding some gorgeous pieces that were just a skosh outside of our price range (I'm not prepared to pay $62,000 for something we don't even know if he'll like yet. Call me crazy). We had a great lunch at Jack's BBQ (which is apparently famous, but neither of us had ever been) and then we were off for a little drive. Thanks to gas prices being what they are, we didn't go far, but just enough to get out of the city and mill around some back roads for a while. We finally ended up on the Natchez Trace, and listened to some great tunes and enjoyed the lovely day and our surroundings. We got home with just enough time to change clothes and head back out for our much anticipated movie date. Prince Caspian was fantastic!!! I won't say any more for those of you who haven't seen it, except to say go. Go right now. I'll wait...
We both enjoyed the movie immensely and were both pretty pumped when we left, so we headed into downtown Franklin to visit a favorite pub of ours, McCreary's. The place was nice and quiet and we enjoyed our time there (but not the service, especially). The rest of our night was spent at home listening to music, watching videos online and staying up entirely too late. Sunday was supposed to be another relaxed but fun day, but I really wasn't feeling well at all (and no, it wasn't totally due to hangover). We had a fun lunch with Angela and Bradley, but unfortunately, I was a total wet blanket. Bart and I went home and he indulged me in some reading and napping. He's such a good boy. We ended up having a late dinner at Cozy's and watching Big Fish, while curled up on the couch. The perfect end to the day. Monday's weather matched my mood exactly. It was very overcast with a storm just on the horizon. Bart and I had an easy morning and went to Bread Co. for lunch. After choking down my soup (not because it was bad, but because I still wasn't feeling well) we drove across the street to Borders to get something for Bart for his flight back to CA. I had a couple gift cards and they were having a sale, so we both walked away with some amusing tomes. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and we all-too-quickly found ourselves on the way back to the airport. I'll spare you. Bradley was sweet enough to invite me over for a Memorial Day cookout, so I spent the evening helping her and Momma B do some baby crafts and eating some wonderful food (again, Laura, the ribs were amazing). And that, dear friends, was the weekend. Nothing exciting, but just enough to whet my appetite for our next visit.

1 comment:

Katie said...

My dear sweet Ari, thank you so much for sharing the details of your weekend. I know that when you and Bart are together you have an amazing time. I am praying that God will keep you both strong in this incredibly trying time. I love you both!